January 21, 2009

Lake Winterfail crashes Northrend

I love Wintergrasp. I do. I think it's the most fun aspect of the game right now, and I take every chance I get to play it. The first thing I did when I logged on was play some Battlegrounds and headed to Wintergrasp as soon as a game was up. Patch 3.0.8 kicked in earlier today with gameplay changes to the zone, aimed at making it faster-paced, more balanced, and more rewarding. That was the aim. Blizzard, however, seems to have missed terribly. A bug seems to occur every time a faction wins in Wintergrasp, crashing the entire continent of Northrend. Numerous tips have come in noting the same experience.

When servers come back online, the tables have turned and the battle begins anew. If players continute to battle and win, the server will continue to crash. The bug prevents Wintergrasp from ever being controlled, and has caused many servers' Northrend to crash repeatedly. It's kind of a bad episode of Twilight Zone. No official word about it on the forums yet, but it's a considerably large bug that disrupts gameplay for a lot of players, so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard takes down tall realms for a quick fix. Meanwhile, I'm about to try my luck in Wintergrasp again. Crash notwithstanding, I don't think I've ever had so much silly fun in my life.

UPDATE: This just in! Bornakk has stated on the official forums that Blizzard is aware of the issue and is investigating it. They may possibly disable the Battle for Wintergrasp on all realms until the issue is resolved. Players may still enter the zone but will not be able to participate in matches. It remains to be seen under which faction Wintergrasp control will fall under, if any. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: The Battle for Wintergrasp has been disabled for all realms until Blizzard can fix the problem. Control of the zone is retained by one faction.

0 评论: