April 30, 2009

Addon Spotlight: DagAssist


I love it when people send in tips for cool addons. There was a time when I could subscribe to the RSS feed for an addon site and check out each new mod as it came out, but the scene is too big now; I'd be at it all day. Today we'll look at DagAssist, which was submitted by Rodney earlier this afternoon.

DagAssist puts a single, quite attractive button on your minimap that, when clicked, opens a pop-up menu containing things like:

Teleports and portals, for mages Summons for warlocks Profession skills Hearthstone You can see what it looks like for my warlock at right.

DA is sort of like a micro version of AutoBar, which I've been using for a long time on all my characters. It's missing a lot of AB's functionality - it doesn't give you access to quest items, nor food and other consumables, and it's not configurable. But it also takes up much less space, and it's a good 80% solution for me, in that it covers probably 80% of my AutoBar clicks, in less than 5% of the screen space. It also doesn't have AB's current nasty habit of leaving pop-open menus stuck open at awkward times.

If you're interested in something that gives you easy access to some of your more rarely-used skills, but you don't want to invest the screen real estate in something like AutoBar or Necrosis, give DagAssist a try. It's already found a place in my UI.

0 评论: