December 22, 2008

PTR Patch 3.0.8 Excitement

Last week brought us a lot of news on wow patch 3.0.8, and with no sign of it hitting live realms particularly soon, we're bound to see a lot more. It's not a full blown content patch, so no new dungeons or raids, nothing of that sort. That doesn't mean it's not packed full of cool stuff, though.

What are all of you looking forward to the most? There aren't a whole load of major class changes for my personal favorite class, Priests, but the one change there is for Shadow excites me a whole lot more than it really should. Glyph of Mind Flay will just cause the spell to slow the target a little less, rather than removing it entirely. Small change, but it will make life as a Shadow Priest so much easier. When dual specs roll around, I can just have a Healing set and a Shadow set of glyphs rather than a raid set, a soloing set, and a healing set.

Of course, I'll probably end up wanting PvP sets of glyphs and all of that too, but oh well. Swapping glyphs before and after every raid is one of the more annoying things in the world (of Warcraft). I can handle swapping for PvP if I can avoid doing it for raids, too. I guess there's some other Priest change, something about some healing spell, but I think I'll get shanked if I bring it up.

I'm also pretty stoked (yes, I said stoked) about the change to Relics of Ulduar. Being able to use them for Sons of Hodir reputation? Having the ability to sell those silly things off on the auction house when I'm done with them? That's fantastic.

I know Hunters most certainly are not looking forward to this wow patch 3.0.8 (as needed as those nerfs may or may not be), but certainly a lot of people are. I know I have a few guild mates that are very excited about being able to get the Chef title now. So what about all of you? What's your favorite part of the upcoming patch?

0 评论: