April 14, 2009

Changes in the 3.1 live patch notes

Now that we have official patch notes for wow patch 3.1, I thought I'd take a look and see what changed between the last PTR notes and today. And the answer is: not much. Only eight new/changed lines, and nothing that I'd call major. But you may disagree, dear reader, and so I'll list everything I found right here.

[Hunter] Roar of Sacrifice can be used on the hunter only
[Shaman] Unleashed Rage: Reduced to 3 points, down from 5. No longer increases agility, but instead increases your total expertise by 3/6/9. [was 3/6/9%, though that was probably a typo] [Warlock] Drain Soul: Each time Drain Soul deals damage to a target which can grant experience, it now has a chance to generate a Soul Shard
[Blacksmithing] Added a new recipe for the Titansteel Spellblade.

UI:
A new Equipment Manager feature has been added. This feature can be turned on from the Interface Options, and will enable managing up to ten separate sets of equipped items [note that they previously announced this feature would not make it for patch 3.1; I guess we'll have to wait and see]
New elite mob frames have been added for V-Key frames.

Enhancement Shaman PvP Set Bonus: The cooldown reduction of Stormstrike has been increased to 2 seconds, up from 1 second.

Glyph of Shield Wall: Reduces the cooldown on Shield Wall by 3 min, but Shield Wall now only reduces damage taken by 40%. (was previously a 2-minute cooldown reduction) Judgement of Command: Fixed incorrect combat log tooltips. [This line was in the latest test notes, but not in the live notes. I doubt they un-fixed it, but I'm putting it here for completeness]

That's it! The one I'm most curious about is the Equipment Manager. Did someone forget to pull the line from the live patch notes, or did they fix their bugs faster than expected and manage to get the feature in for the patch? I guess we'll see when the realms come back up.

0 评论: