July 30, 2009

World of WarCrafts: My Lich King Pony

World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including fan art, cooking, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by contacting our tips line (attention: World of WarCrafts) -- not-for-profit work only, please.

Heat got you down? Summer raid attendance and progression wilting? Have a case of the midsummer doldrums? Sometimes, it's good to start out your week with something a little, err, different. Cue this week's World of WarCrafts project, combining the runes of Frostmourne and the power of the Lich King with ... My Little Pony.

If you're suddenly humming "one of these things is not like the other," we'd suspect you've perked up and are catching on fast. That's the reaction we suspect most people have when confronted by the frosty terror of My Lich King Pony from Rosenrot of Nazgrel-US. "I love crafting and WoW," Rosenrot writes, "and when I was a little girl, I loved My Little Pony. I wanted to combine my past and current loves into one really cool project!"

Here's how Rosenrot pulled it off: "It started out as a white pony with purple hair. I ripped out the hair and scrubbed off the paint. Then I dyed the pony with fabric dye. The eyes and the Frostmourne runes are painted on with acrylic paint. I also re-haired the pony with two shades of blue.

"The spike on the pony's face is steel labret jewelry. For the saddle, I made chain mail out of small jump rings and added skull charms. The saddle is permanently attached with wire."

Click into our My Lich King Pony gallery, below, to see more views of the little guy. We'll leave you with the immortal words of Cookie Monster – we figure you're ready for a few cookies after all this sweetness!

0 评论: