November 14, 2009

Patch 3.3: More community members honored with item names

In the vein of Phaelia's Vestments of the Sprouting Seed and the BRK-1000, Blizzard honored several community members with items named after them in Patch 3.3.

Ones we've seen so far:

Maghia's Misguided Quill - Named after the well-known cosplayer who came to BlizzCon as Alexzstrasza and the Eredar Twins.

Toskk's Maximized Wristguards - Named after the player who maintains a popular druid DPS calculator.

Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy - Named after the player who maintains a popular rogue DPS spreadsheet.

There are other items in the patch files that look to be named after certain individuals, but I'm admittedly not familiar with everyone ever involved with the WoW community, so I'll leave it to you guys to let me know if I missed someone.

I'm always happy when I see items like this in the game. They show that somebody out there is paying attention to the players that are making an impact in the community, and that's good enough for me.

0 评论: